DEVENEY is a dynamic marketing firm that develops campaigns and strategies that motivate a brand’s target audience into action. With locations in New Orleans and West Palm Beach, this award-winning firm has been internationally recognized for PR, marketing, digital and creative services.
We do more with less and always look for ways to improve, grow and learn. We have an attitude of gratitude and see the best in every situation. We are lifelong learners. We dream big and have each other’s backs, no matter what. We are an ever-evolving organization with our best days ahead of us and are looking for qualified candidates to join us for the ride.
If you are a self-starter, a big-idea person who can develop captivating content to further client messages and reach, then we need to talk.
What we are looking for: Associate
We are looking for an associate who is creative, enthusiastic, and eager to learn. In return, you will have the opportunity to work closely with professionals while gaining real-life experience.
Applicants should be in the process of studying, or have a degree in, Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or another relevant subject area. In addition, each candidate should possess relevant skills including extensive writing and editing abilities, written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking and be able to work as part of a team.
Ideal candidates have completed their sophomore year of college and possess a grade point average of 3.0 or above. Recent graduates and graduate students are also eligible to apply.
Scheduling is flexible, although associates are asked to work an average of 20 hours/week. Recommended schedules should favor larger blocks of time rather than a few hours.
The position is paid hourly. Additionally, students may apply for course credit.
- Supports Account Executives and Supervisors in strategy execution for clients
- Secondary research (i.e., industry trends, competitors, target media, influencers, contact information, etc.)
- Contributes to digital audits and competitive analyses
- Develops thoughtful and compelling content for clients, including social media posts, press releases, media advisories, and more
- Ensures that everything produced meets DEVENEY standards
Competencies for Success
- Desire to learn, improve
- Attention to detail
- Digital and social media platform knowledge
- Takes initiative
- Positive attitude
- Time management skills
- Deals with stressful situations with a level head
- Respectful of differing ideas, opinions, perspectives, and personalities
- Adaptive to change, flexible
- Curious not judgmental
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Time management
The Nitty Gritty
- Primary Industry: Marketing – Digital, Public Relations
- Secondary Industry: Marketing – Advertising
- Career Level: Entry level
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s in Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Mass Communications, or related field
- Job Status: Part time
- Position is based in our Uptown New Orleans office
DEVENEY is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We believe contribution comes in many forms and are excited about individuals with unique points of view.
This position may entail occasional stair climbing and descending, lifting of light materials or equipment such as laptops, and mobility to and from client sites. The position is 70%+ stationary with computer work and virtual meetings.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.